Susan did this and it looked like fun...
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Finally visited Europe, bought a condo, wandered around Tokyo
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Eric and his wife Megan just had a baby daughter three weeks ago!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
England, China, Japan
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
To see friends more often! That means you...
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory?
April 14 - the closing on my condo
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I got a paper accepted to CHI! Yay!!!!
9. What was your biggest failure?
My dating life
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ha, cut my nose up pretty bad helping stacie install a stereo - long story. Other than that, still haven't gotten sick since 2001.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My kitchen table.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Some of you...you know who you are...for moving on and being happy when faced with hard times.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
George W Bush, and the rest of his administration
14. Where did most of your money go?
To my condo. At least it's not going away to rent!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Visiting Helen in London!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
hahaha...the songs from the Motorola Demo we did at the consumer electronics show, Let's Get it Started, Lose My Breath, and American Idiot
17. Compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder? sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? always the same
iii. richer or poorer? poorer, I bought a condo!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spending time with friends
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting time thinking things would work out with people there was no chance with...
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parent's house with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Good times!
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Daily Show, Numb3rs and MythBusters
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
There's only one person I've ever hated, and yes they are still on that very short list :) Especially after the head shaking incident.
26. What was the best book you read?
Courtroom 302, or maybe Kite Runner
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The soundtrack of Rent
28. What did you want and get?
Bunches of Cubs tickets, due to freezing standing outside wrigley in February!
29. What did you want and not get?
Tickets to a Cubs World Series (idea stolen from Susan)
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday?
Worked, and had dinner with my parents. Pretty low key this year.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Dating someone for more than a month or two :) (I can't believe it's been over two years since Laura)
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Personal fashion concept??? Um...I stick to my khaki's and dress shirts or sweaters most of the time.
34. What kept you sane?
IMs with Helen and Stacie
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Lies around Iraq, torture, etc.
37. Who did you miss?
All my friends in Boston and other far away places (but totally looking forward to seeing all you boston people a ton this spring!!)
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Didn't really meet many new people this year. But did get back in touch with a lot of old high school friends I hadn't seen in ages!!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Always remember what your stop looks like in Japanese symbols before jumping on the subway :)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true